(DRAFT) Financial Policy
Barony of Carraig Ban
Society for Creative Anachronism
The following Financial Policy serves as an addendum to the requirements set forth by the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (SCA) Financial Policy, and the Middle Kingdom Branch Financial Policy. This policy is governed by Modern Law, Corpora, SCA Financial Policy, Kingdom Law, and Kingdom Financial Policy, and will be revised, as needed, to remain in compliance with these superseding documents.
1. The Financial Committee shall consist of the Baronial Exchequer, Baronial Seneschal, and all other paid members voting at a meeting.
2. Financial Committee members serve on the Financial Committee as long as they hold their offices.
3. “Emergency” Financial Committee consisting of the signatories on the bank account may be called to meet for financial decisions, which cannot wait for the whole committee. Any actions taken by the Emergency Financial Committee must be presented to the whole Group Committee at the earliest possible meeting. [per Kingdom Policy]
1. All meetings of the Financial Committee shall be open to the Barony populace.
2. The Exchequer will chair the meetings of the Financial Committee.
3. The Financial Committee shall meet no less often than 6x a year, or as necessary (with one month notice) to approve normal business operations of the Barony, such as review any approved budgets, approve normal operating expenses, and approve disbursements from dedicated funds.
4. Meeting minutes of the Financial Committee will be posted to the monthly Baronial newsletter.
5. The Financial Committee shall meet as needed for review of unbudgeted expenses.
Financial Policy Review and Revision
1. The Exchequer, with Financial Committee approval, shall publish any proposed changes to the Financial Policy, and which Baronial populace meeting will include the vote to approve them, in the next Baronial newsletter and other populace communication forums.
2. A majority vote of those paid members in good standing in attendance at that Baronial populace meeting will determine whether the proposed changes are adopted.
3. A complete copy of the current Financial Policy must be made available to any Baronial Citizen upon request. Will be posted on the website.
Bank Account Signatories
The Baronial bank account will be a checking account, with the Exchequer, Seneschal, and at least one other Paid member chosen by the Financial Committee being listed as signatories, as well as the Kingdom Chancellor of the Exchequer, or a designated representative. Each check will bear the signatures of any two of the signatories
Event Bid Policy:
1. All Event Bids must include a Budget for Financial Committee approval. If approved, the event staff may be reimbursed for funds spent within said budget. Any budget overage not previously approved by the Group Financial Committee must be submitted to the Group on an individual basis for reimbursement approval.
2. Receipts and requests for reimbursement for approved expenses must be turned in to the Baronial Exchequer within 45 days of the expense. Reimbursement requests received after this will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Financial Committee.
3. All checks written by the Barony and not cashed within 180 days will be considered a donation.
4. Unbudgeted expense authorizations, such as disbursements from dedicated funds or unanticipated officer or event expenses, will be conducted at the regularly scheduled Baronial meetings. Authorizations will be documented in the minutes of the monthly meeting.
General Unbudgeted Expenses
1. Unbudgeted expense authorizations, such as disbursements from dedicated funds or unanticipated officer or event expenses, will be conducted at the regularly scheduled Baronial meetings. Authorizations will be documented in the minutes of the monthly meeting.
2. Emergency expenses may bypass regular expense approval.
3. An emergency is defined by a) an unbudgeted event issue needing resolution within hours where the full quorum of the Financial Committee cannot meet, or b) any other unbudgeted issue requiring resolution within 48 hours. The Baronial Seneschal and the Baronial Exchequer may approve emergency expenses, such decisions to be reviewed at the next Baronial Curia meeting for final ratification. In addition the Seneschal or Exchequer does have a $200.00 discretionary limit for emergency items that must be done before a meeting can occur. Abuse of this fund may be deemed cause for removal from office