View from the Tower
Barony of Carraig Ban
Current Events and News – September 2018
Sunday, September 9, 2018
October 14, 2018
November 11, 2018
6pm Panera Bread (DeKalb, IL)
2476 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, Illinois 60115
- Discussion was held on potential events and Baronial 40 year. Baron Honda Heihachiro will be Event Steward for next year’s Ragnarok. Please contact him to volunteer to assist.
- A Baronial holiday party was discussed for December.
- The new SCA mission statement has been published.
- “The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is an international non-profit volunteer educational organization. The SCA is devoted to the research and re-creation of pre-seventeenth century skills, arts, combat, culture, and employing knowledge of history to enrich the lives of participants through events, demonstrations, and other educational presentations and activities.”
- This will now appear at the end of the newsletter.
Baronial Seneschal – looking for a deputy Seneschal who would take over the role around the time we have new Royal Representative(s) taking over the Baron/Baroness side of the house. Give me a shout via any medium you prefer if you are interested. – Seamus.
A financial policy is being drafted.
See Midrealm Calendar (for web-based).
EXTRA – EXTRA
Arts and Sciences
A&S nights have resumed on Tuesdays.
NEW LOCATION – Dekalb Public Library. 6 to 8:30 pm. September 4th through December 18th (not on 9/11/18). Being held in Zimmerman room. Check Facebook for details on dates and times.
If you have an article you would like to submit for the newsletter please forward to email@example.com by the end of the month to be included in the next month’s issue.
The outdoor fight practices in DeKalb at Liberty Park are being held on Mondays. Currently on hiatus until after Pennsic. Check the Facebook page for details. Ideas on an indoor location for fall/winter should be referred to the Knights Marshal.
A fight practice is also being held at COD in Glen Ellyn on Wednesdays.
We will be trying to get the news out the beginning of each Month. Please contact me if you have something you want included at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If anyone needs a mailed copy of this information, please contact me. Listed below are upcoming events and our officers list.
In service to the Barony,
Baroness Dame Nicholaa Halden, Chronicler